A random assorted collection of Athenian thoughts and happenings around the city of Athens, GA

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What I've been doing in between blogs (Part 1: Halloween weekend)

Well, I've had a busy 2 weeks that has me gasping for air. There was quite the long pause between blogs, but I guess life doesn't make room for online thoughts. Well, let me fill you in on what I've been up to.
I spent the week of Halloween putting together costumes for that Saturday and Tuesday. I spent an embarrassing excessive amount of time on Bruno's lemur costume, but the enjoyment he got out of that 6ft. furry lemur suit was worth every burned finer tip. It's amazing what you can do with a cat suit pattern and 50 gallons of hot glue. My first butt-plug costume was a disaster and I was almost a wreck, but Jen, who was whipping up one of her usual tasty vegan dinners at the house, guided me through random pieces of old costumes for a new idea in less than an hour. I quickly tossed on a blue wig from an old Gleek costume (I promise to post a picture of me, Jen, and Bruno as the Wonder Twins), then a pair of black tight softball pants, a way tight thermal top and a biker style leather jacket I've held onto since the mid-eighties. I strapped on my knee high black vinyl platform shoes I used in my Rick James costume for Boybutante, and *BANG* I'm a 5 minute rock star. I had a star painted over my eye, but someone called me out as a Gem wannabe at the party later that night. I said I was more like Kiss but maybe I could merge the too and be called Giss. It came out sounding like Jizz so that was ruled out quickly. Jen was a sexy little flapper girl with that faux-fur coat I soooo love. We strutted around Saturday at the party for a bit, enjoying kilts, pound puppies, bounty hunters, and THE Man of Leisure, when it was time to roll downtown. We proceeded to get smashed at the Manhattan, enjoyed some drinks with the cast of Laverne and Shirley at Room 13, and then danced to DJ Mahogany at the Little Kings. You know it's a good night when you have to chase your 6 ft. Lemur down Prince Ave. To make sure he doesn't get mugged. Bruno man, that's a 5 mile walk home. I figured you'd learn after number 5 or 6. When I picked him up in front of Athens Regional, I asked, "You know you kick yourself halfway home when you decide to run home drunk, why do you still do it?" He said in a slurring cute way, "It's just who I am." Now how can you argue with that kind of logic?

No comments: