A random assorted collection of Athenian thoughts and happenings around the city of Athens, GA
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
So long and thanks for all the pollen...
Well, it's been a while since I posted so I figured I would get started again with an issue I've been hearing around various sites and scientific circles. The undeniable loss of the domesticated honeybee. The issue has alarmed environmentalists, entomologists, and horticulturists everywhere. Why? Well, the modern world's entire food supply is practically built around them. If you have no bees, ya get no pollination of our wonderful crops. No pollination, no fertilization, no fruits and vegetables. I guess we better start genetically modifying all our plants to make them self pollinating. Here's the latest suggestion of why the bees are disappearing. So if this turns out to be true, our options are the collapse of mankind's food chain or the loss of being able to vote for my favorite American Idol. I really am torn on this issue...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment