A random assorted collection of Athenian thoughts and happenings around the city of Athens, GA
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Dark Meat?
I saw Dark Meat last Wed. at the GA Theater. I think I liked them. It was the strangest thing I've seen in a very long time. I didn't realize that many people could make real music without being in an orchestra. It felt almost like modern art when you factor in the costumes and the interactive band members moving through the crowd. My friend Jen summed it up perfectly as not just being a show, but more like an experience. Would I see them again? Most likely. Will I enjoy them as much, depends on what I've consumed before hand. I think I need to see them in a weekend show to get the true feel. I really enjoyed the opening act Venus is Sinking. Very mellow/melodic. Jen even bought their CD. Hey, if you are reading this and have a favorite local band that puts on a great show, let me know. I'm trying out the music scene finally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment