A random assorted collection of Athenian thoughts and happenings around the city of Athens, GA
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Foley's Follies
Well everyone in news is discussing the Foley scandal. What's sad is that morons will use this as ammunition against homosexuality. What's funny is that this is causing a flurry of activity, similar to stepping on an ant hill, in some of the highest Republican-held offices. Mere weeks before the election, and the shit hits the fan. Also funny is that alcohol and a clergyman drove Foley to his dirty little habits. Give me a break! Honestly, is the American right desperate enough to believe in this bull. As a tried and true drunk, I take great offense at that statement. After some of my biggest throwdowns, I couldn't even pick up a phone, much less press a bunch of tiny buttons to send dirty messages to a underage kids. His life story should be a turned into a Lifetime movie, something catchy like, "Wrong Way to the Right Wing." I have enjoyed reading several articles on how this is all part of a Democratic/liberal scandal designed to topple the Republican party. My favorite was our old friend Newt's take on the whole situation. You can't argue against such a solid statement. Jeez. I'm actually glad the Republican Party isn't owning up to the issue because it could have been used as a weapon if they just dealt with it firmly and swiftly, saying they won't stand for any misbehavior such as this (although a lot of those Congressman are pigs-what do you expect with old men with big power in government). I just wish the Democrats could be that sneaky, then we wouldn't have to deal with Bush today. Now I hope people don't see this as a gay issue, just a pervert issue. Homosexuality shouldn't be the focus of this disgusting behavior, just sexual predation. It's wrong be it boy or girl. I'm just suspicious though of how many people would have poo-pooed this or been less disgusted if these were young girls he had texted? Well, let me leave you with this great segment from the Daily Show that indicate cover-ups and finger pointed all the way up the political tree, and a final sucker punch to Fox News. Man I love that show. Here's the two Segments: 1 and 2. I think you need to watch #2 first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment