A random assorted collection of Athenian thoughts and happenings around the city of Athens, GA

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Us v/s them

Americans beware. We have a war brewing on a new front. One that threatens to bring too much diversity to America's rosy-cheeked shores. California towns near the Mexican border have declared hunting season against illegal immigrants. The latest strike has been a bold law banning illegal immigrants from renting housing. Lame. Why don't they just burn crosses like they did in the South. It worked miracles for the Southern way of living.

What is actually funny is this revealing article concerning a letter sent out to Hispanics in Santa Ana area. Nice tactics. A quote from the letter, written in Spanish, states: "You are advised that if your residence in this country is illegal or you are an immigrant, voting in a federal election is a crime that could result in jail time." Now, illegal residency is understandable, but to say if you are an immigrant, someone not born here, makes it illegal to vote is an absolute lie. Of course it was linked to a Republican campaign, you guys love punishment. The kicker is the candidate in question is Vietnamese-American. Come on, what are you thinking Tan D. Nguyen. Of all people you should under stand the desire for a better life and the desire to live the American dream.

Honestly, we have less to worry about from immigration than ourselves. I'm sure y'all heard about the 300 millionth person born this week. Jeez, it was only in the late 60s when we hit 200 million. Stop breeding like rabbits America, Social Security is already on it's last leg and I don't know if I can handle the tax burden of all those hungry mouths. I guess it's the American way. We can live where we want, have as many babies as we like, and work anywhere we desire, as long as we are not Hispanics. I know, I know, it's not fair to twist words and implicate Republicans, conservative Californians, and American families as anti-Hispanic, but I do enjoy a good rant.

No comments: