A random assorted collection of Athenian thoughts and happenings around the city of Athens, GA
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Is meditation a religion or an activity?
I seem to be on a California kick today. I guess lots of darkly humorous stuff happens there. Years ago, a coworker told me in this hushed voice that California was full of fruits and nuts. I assumed she wasn't talking about the agricultural industry but instead was gracing me with a deliciously tasteless metaphor. I forgave her lack of tact since she felt like she knew me well enough to share her dirty little nugget of wisdom. If your going to tell someone something like that, at least say it jokingly so it won't sound extra nasty. I'm surprised she didn't toss the word taco in there for more of a punch, but then that would have made her seem bigoted. Too late. Anyway, here's the story of Transcendental Meditation versus the parents of San Rafael. I have been tempted to wave that banner of too much religion in schools, but this is an interesting twist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment